With the increase in the use of technology especially in Nigeria, and other countries in African, Computer skills have become increasingly very important and in demand for well-paid professionals also for daily users of simple technological devices ranging from a mobile phone, ATM and computers.
Becoming a computer professional is quite not an easy task, but these basic qualities or characteristics would show you what is required to become a computer professional;
1. Ability to Read, write and communicate effectively: it is important for an aspiring computer professional to have the ability to read, write and understand what is being read, this is very important as there are usually lots of Published information, that would guide you in becoming a professional so your ability to actually read and understand is key .
2. Attention to details at all times: This key quality cannot be overemphasised in the computer profession, the ability to give adequate attention to every detail read, written or communicated to, because for example a wrong input on a code may not make the code run, so you must pay adequate attention to details this is a valuable skill in the technological industry.
3. Ability to solve Problems: This is one of the most important qualities of a computer professional, he/she should have the desire to solve I.T related issues, constantly seeking solutions, coming up with new ideas and not giving up even after several attempts of trying to resolve an IT related issue.
4. Innovation: To because successful as a computer professional you should be able to seek new way of solving issues, after troubleshooting also by keeping your self-updated with the lots of IT trends and information in Top Tech blogs in Nigeria like Tech Cabal, Naija Tech Guide, Miss Techy, Techloy and Tech Point would keep you informed of the latest technology and keep you innovative as a computer professional.
5. Constant Pursuit for self-development: keeping yourself innovative as a computer professional can be achieved by the constant pursuit for self-development which is achieved by taking constant steps to improve yourself, free online courses are good resources dedicated to improving knowledge as a computer professional.
You could also focus on these skills that would get you hired as a Computer professional
6. Logical Thinking Abilities: it’s important for a computer professional to have an ability to use reasoning consistently to come into conclusion for problems, strong logical skills is an important quality in becoming a computer professional
7. Flair for programming Languages: One proficient quality of a computer professional is you should be proficient in one or more programming languages such as Java, BASIC, C, C++, COBOL been able to use one or more programming languages, managing your time and priorities is also an important quality of a computer professional
If You have all these characteristics you sure on your way to become an excellent computer professional, also build a Resume showing these computer Skills required with consistency and constantly developing yourself to be the very best!